It has become known for some time that this year IWC will reveal a new selection of Pilot watches. As the Pilot series of IWC is a famous and hard seller, the anticipation are high. One unit has been launched by now:
On January 16th, 2014 the 23th version of the Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) will commence once again, where 19 manufacturers will be showing their new wonderful watch choices. And, IWC just introduced the pictures of the Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Top Gun Miramar, branded after the former area of the US Navy Fighter Weapons School (which is also known as TOP GUN).
The 48 mm case is darkish grey ceramic – in the pictures it appears to have a glossy surface finish – with a dial that has artificial patina and a green nylon band. Inside is the IWC cal. 89365 flyback movements, much like that in the Portuguese Chronograph Yacht Club.
Alongside the timepiece, the Top Gun Miramar range will also have a 48 mm Big Pilot with a comparable style.
The news release also implies that we can anticipate the following goodies:
– an brand-new Big Pilot’s Watch Top Gun Miramar with identical style components as the Chronograph Top Gun Miramar and the exact same movement as the regular Big Pilot’s Watch;
– a first for the standard series: new Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar Top Gun witha continuous calendar with its four-digit year screen, moon phase display screen and 7day power reserve;
– What everybody predicted: the dimension of the normal Pilot’s Watch Chronograph increase with 1 mm, now 43 mm in size.
– A reasonable move in the follow up: the release of the new Pilot Watch Mark XVII with a size of 41 mm (2 mm bigger than the earlier Mark XVI).
– The gold chrono is back again: the Spitfire Chronograph with its IWC-manufactured 89365 calibre will be accessible in red gold.
– A long expected version: new Pilot’s Watch World Timer having a 24-hour ring that will make it feasible to look at all 24 timezones. The city ring shows the names of 23 locations around the world, each of which signifies a time-zone. The dial displays local time, which in turn can be modified ahead or in reverse in one-hour steps – also when traversing the International Date Line.
– A brand-new 46mm Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph with red design components on the dial.
As the purchasing lists have been long for more than a few years currently for new IWC timepieces, make certain to pre-order yours at your localized Authorised Dealers:
The Americas: IWC Schaffhausen Boutique Brighton Beach at phone number: +13107340520.
Latin America: Berger Joyeros at phone number: +525556161594.
Europe: Ace Jewelers at phone number: +31205711560.
Middle-East: IWC Schaffhausen Boutique Istanbul at phone number: +90 212 224 4604.
Asia: IWC Schaffhausen Flagship Boutique Hong Kong at phone number: +85228292729.
Australia: Watches of Switzerland at phone number: +61 2 9251 0088.
Stay tuned for more timepieces here that will follow!